The race starts on October 14, 2023 at 07:00 in Urgup city centre. Participants should finish the route under 12 hours 30 minutes in a semi-sufficient way, i.e. they should carry equipment that is necessary to ensure the safety of their run for possible weather conditions.
Cappadocia Team Games CMT is a relay trail run that takes place along the hills and valleys of the unique Cappadocia region, a UNESCO world heritage site. The distance is about 63 km with a variation in altitude of 2030+ m.
- The 6-person team must consist of at least 2 women members.
- Each team member is obliged to complete the sector determined for him/her.
- The first team member will run from the starting point up to the first checkpoint. Each runner will deliver their flag to his/her teammate who will run after him/her at the station he/she reaches.
- Other team members cannot start before the previous member arrives at their checkpoint.
- Runners who will start from the checkpoints will wait for their team members in the area reserved for them and will exit this area with the approval of the referee.
- If one member will be withdrawn or will be disqualified from the race, the team will also be deemed to have withdrawn or disqualified from the race.
- Total time will be determined by adding up the individual times of the 6 runners.
- The teams should decide which runner will run in which order and inform us via email from : info@cappadociaultratrail until October 4, 2023.
- Teams that don’t meet the team criteria will not be allowed to start.
- Apart from the first runner, other team members will be brought to the checkpoint by the organization where they will start running. The runners who complete their own sector will be transported from the checkpoint they arrive to the race centre by the organization.
- The team members of the last runner can finish the race together in the last 200 meters.
The event is open to anyone aged 18 and over who are in possession of either (a) a valid medical certificate, which does not expire before October 14, 2023 and indicates that the person can participate to long-distance runs, or (b) a valid license issued by athletic federation, cycling federation, orienteering federation, mountaineering federation or triathlon federation. These documents will be checked by the organization before the race. The participants should have athletic preparation and have suitable clothes for variable weather conditions and temperature differences.
Athletes aged 16-18 can run as team members in Team Games CMT and CST races. Participants who are in the 16 - 18 age group (born between 2005 - 14 October 2007) and have sufficient physical conditions can participate in the Team Games races as a team member with a waiver issued by their parents. Athletes in the 16-18 age group are also required to fulfill all other terms and conditions of the run.
Only registered runners can participate in the event. Online registration at cappadociaultratrail.com website closes on October 4, 2023, or when the maximum number of 50 Teams participants have registered.
The deadline for the course and team change is October 4, 2023. The Course change cannot be made for the course that has reached the participant limit.
A registration cannot be transferred, and the organization will not allow another person to run on behalf of a registered participant.
The maximum number of participants is limited to 50 teams. Registrations will be closed without waiting for the last registration date when this limit is reached.
Every registration is unique and the transfer of registration or the running instead of another participant will not be allowed.
To register to Cappadocia Team Games, the team leader or captain must first register by creating the "Team Name". After completing the registration process for him/her, he/she shares the unique registration links with other members which those links can be found on his/her personal page, and enables them to register.
In Cappadocia Team Games CMT, a 6-persons team must consist of minimum of 2 women members.
Each registration link is valid for one team member. Team registration will be completed after all team members have completed their payments.
There are two different types of registration fees;