Rules and Regulations
1. General Information
The race starts on October 14, 2023 at 07:00 in Urgup city centre. Participants should finish the route under 12 hours 30 minutes in a semi-sufficient way, i.e. they should carry equipment that is necessary to ensure the safety of their run for possible weather conditions.
Cappadocia Team Games CMT is a relay trail run that takes place along the hills and valleys of the unique Cappadocia region, a UNESCO world heritage site. The distance is about 63 km with a variation in altitude of 2030+ m.
- The 6-person team must consist of at least 2 women members.
- Each team member is obliged to complete the sector determined for him/her.
- The first team member will run from the starting point up to the first checkpoint. Each runner will deliver their flag to his/her teammate who will run after him/her at the station he/she reaches.
- Other team members cannot start before the previous member arrives at their checkpoint.
- Runners who will start from the checkpoints will wait for their team members in the area reserved for them and will exit this area with the approval of the referee.
- If one member will be withdrawn or will be disqualified from the race, the team will also be deemed to have withdrawn or disqualified from the race.
- Total time will be determined by adding up the individual times of the 6 runners.
- The team members of the last runner can finish the race together in the last 200 meters.
- The teams should decide which runner will run in which order and inform us via email from : [email protected] until October 4, 2023.
- Teams that don’t meet the team criteria will not be allowed to start.
- Apart from the first runner, other team members will be brought by the organization to the checkpoint where they will start running. The runners who complete their own sector will be transported from the checkpoint they arrive at the race centre by the organization.
|CAPPADOCIA TEAM GAMES (CMT) CP SHUTTLE SCHEDULE|
|CP1 - İBRAHİMPAŞA||06:45||07:30|
|CP2 - UÇHİSAR||07:45||08:30|
|CP3 - GÖREME||08:45||09:20|
|CP4 - ÇAVUŞİN||09:45||10:20|
|CP5 - AKDAĞ||10:15||10:30|
- Cappadocia Team Games Checkpoint Shuttle services will depart from the car park in front of the Urgup Turkish Bath
The event is open to anyone aged 18 and over who are in possession of either (a) a valid medical certificate, which does not expire before October 14, 2023 and indicates that the person can participate to long-distance runs, or (b) a valid license issued by athletic federation, cycling federation, orienteering federation, mountaineering federation or triathlon federation. These documents will be checked by the organization before the race. The participants should have athletic preparation and have suitable clothes for variable weather conditions and temperature differences.
Athletes aged 16-18 can run as team members in Team Games CMT and CST races. Participants who are in the 16 - 18 age group (born between 2005 - 14 October 2007) and have sufficient physical conditions can participate in the Team Games races as a team member with a waiver issued by their parents. Athletes in the 16-18 age group are also required to fulfill all other terms and conditions of the run.
a) Registration procedure
Only registered runners can participate in the event. Online registration at cappadociaultratrail.com website closes on October 4, 2023, or when the maximum number of 50 Teams participants have registered.
The deadline for the course and team change is October 4, 2023. The Course change cannot be made for the course that has reached the participant limit.
A registration cannot be transferred, and the organization will not allow another person to run on behalf of a registered participant.
The maximum number of participants is limited to 50 teams. Registrations will be closed without waiting for the last registration date when this limit is reached.
Every registration is unique and the transfer of registration or the running instead of another participant will not be allowed.
To register to Cappadocia Team Games, the team leader or captain must first register by creating the "Team Name". After completing the registration process for him/her, he/she shares the unique registration links with other members which those links can be found on his/her personal page, and enables them to register.
In Cappadocia Team Games CMT, a 6-persons team must consist of a minimum of 2 women members.
Each registration link is valid for one team member. Team registration will be completed after all team members have completed their payments.
a) Registration fee
There are two different types of registration fees;
- - Non-refundable registration fee: 55 Euros (For each participant).
- - Refundable registration fee: 65 Euros (For each participant) (Full refund if the registration is cancelled before September 25, 2023).
- - Registration fee after September 25, 2023: 65 Euros (For each participant) (Non-refundable).
You will be charged in Euros or USD according to choice!
The registration fee must be paid via Visa or MasterCard credit cards at the time of registration. Only registrations with full payment will be taken into consideration for the maximum participant limit. The organization has the right to reduce this fee under certain conditions.
Registration fee includes:
- - Race Bib
- - Timing
- - Race t-shirt
- - Assistance , refreshments and first aid along the route
- - Pasta party before the race
- - Refreshments after the race
- - Finisher medal for participants who successfully complete the race
The refundable registration fee will be refunded fully within a month if a registration is cancelled before September 25, 2023. There won't be any refunds after this date.
Cancellation of the registrations can only be made by notifying the organization by email to [email protected]
In the same way as the payment was paid by the participant, it is returned to the participant. If the payment was made by the participant by bank transfer, the refund will be paid to the same bank account of the participant, or if the payment was made by the participant by credit card, the refund will be paid to the same credit card of the participant.
No refund of the registration fee will be made should the race be cancelled or interrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the organization, such as bad weather conditions.
4. Distribution of Race Packs
Race packs including the race bibs will be distributed at the Race Office in Urgup city centre on the dates listed below. Location of the Race Office is available at https://goo.gl/914ETX.
- October 12, 2023 Thurday: Between 14:00 & 20:00.
- October 13, 2023 Friday: Between 10:00 & 22:00.
- October 14, 2023 Saturday: Between 05:00 & 06:30.
5. Race Start
The race starts on October 14, 2023 at 07:00 at Cumhuriyet Square, Urgup. Participants are required to be at the start area at least 30 minutes in advance, i.e. before 06:30.
There will be changing rooms and a bag deposit. The deposited bags can be retrieved at the end of the race by showing the race bib. The organization cannot be held responsible for any items left unattended in or outside of the bag deposit area.
6. Race Route
Cappadocia Team Games CMT takes the following route with a total distance of 63 km with a variation in altitude of 2030+ m.
Urgup, Ortahisar, Ibrahimpasa, Zemi Valley, Goreme, Pigeon Valley, Uchisar, Love Valley, Goreme, Cavusin, Akdag, Urgup.
Most of the route is on trekking paths and rocky ground with dense vegetation in certain sections. Participants are strongly advised to have experience in running on such terrain.
The route will be marked with reflective bands and other means. Any departures from the official route entail disqualification.
7. Checkpoints and Time Limits
There are 5 checkpoints along the race route. Passages from these points will be timed and various refreshments will be available. Each checkpoint has a time limit listed below. If a team member arrives at a checkpoint after the designated time limit, that team will not be allowed to continue.
Refreshments and facilities at each checkpoint are listed as below:
|Station Name||Refreshments||Drinks||Hot Drinks||Hot Meal||Extras|
|Cake, Saltine cracker, Orange, Banana, Apple, Grape||Coke, Water||-||-||Medical team, Toilets|
|Cake, Saltine cracker, Orange, Banana, Apple, Lemon, Salt, Bread, Cheese, Halvah, Chocolate, Salt||Coke, Water, Mineral Water||Tea, Coffee||Home-made soup & Instant soup||Medical team|
|Cake, Saltine cracker, Orange, Banana, Apple, Grape, Bread, Nutella, Peanut butter, Nuts, Boiled potato, Lemon, Salt||Coke, Water, Mineral Water||Tea, Coffee||-||Medical team, Toilets|
|Cake, Saltine cracker, Orange, Banana, Apple, Lemon, Salt, Bread, Cheese, Halvah, Chocolate||Coke, Water, Mineral Water||Tea, Coffee||Home-made soup & Instant soup||Medical Team, Toilets|
|Cake, Saltine cracker, Orange, Banana, Apple, Grape||Coke, Water||-||-||Medical Team|
Fizzy drinks at the stations are Red Bull Organics Coke, Ginger Alle and Bitter Lemon varieties.
When leaving a checkpoint, participants should have sufficient water and food until the next one. The refreshments at the checkpoints are only for the consumption of the runners carrying a visible race bib.
Participants can get external support at designated areas in the checkpoints. Supporters can accompany the participants by running within 200 m before and after a checkpoint. Getting support outside the checkpoints are not allowed. Supporters who do not have supporter accreditation taken from the race center will not be allowed to enter the checkpoints.
Shuttle buses will be present to pick up the participants who withdraw or are injured and take them back to the finish area. Participants who abandon the race between two checkpoints should inform the organization as soon as possible from Emergency Line: +90 535 545 18 78 and get to the closest checkpoint or the finish area.
Except for the Aid stations, there are also Check Points during the courses for timekeeping to avoid the short-cuts.
7.1 Checkpoint Shuttle
All runners and their supporters can use the checkpoint shuttles for free. In order to benefit from this service, supporters are required to obtain a supporter accreditation card. Runners can use this service with chest numbers for free.
Finishers who finish or abandon the race will be able to join the finishers' buffet which will be serving from 12:00 on October 14, 2023 to 07:00 on October 15, 2023. Only athletes with a bib number can benefit from the Finishers' Buffet.
Finishers buffet will be serving home-made soup, pasta, hot dishes, salad, hot drinks, coke, water.
9. Environmental Awareness
The race takes place in an important natural park of Turkey with a natural ecosystem which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Participants are therefore required to fully respect the natural environment, in particular by not throwing away rubbish, and harm the natural habitat. Acting otherwise shall lead to disqualification. In order to reduce the amount of garbage, there won't be any plastic cups at the refreshment points. Participants are required to carry their own drinking cups or water bottles.
10. Health and Safety
In case of bad weather conditions, such as dense fog or storm, the organization reserves the right to make last-minute changes in order to prevent potential hazards or difficult conditions for the participants. This may include suspending or cancelling the race or making modifications to the route. The participants should obey these decisions. Any changes will be announced to the participants before the race, or at refreshment points during the race.
Medical teams and ambulance will be present at the main refreshment stations and important points determined by the organization. Their exact location will be announced before the race. Medical personnel can check the participants during the race and decide to stop their race if deemed necessary for health reasons. The participants should obey these decisions.
11. Mandatory Equipment
During the race, the participants are obliged to carry the mandatory items listed below:
- - At least 1 lt of water with camel-bag or water bottle (non–disposable).
- - Race bib (should be visible all times)
- - Mobile phone (organization and emergency numbers should be present - roaming is mandatory)
- - Whistle
- - Cup or water bottle (there won't be plastic cups at refreshment points)
- - Appropriate Footwear
- - Timing chip (will be distributed by the organization)
Those will be checked before distributing the race bib and at any point during the race and spot checks will be performed during the race. Participants without any of the mandatory items shall be disqualified and will not be allowed to continue the race.
In addition to the list above, the following materials are strongly recommended;
- - Food (e.g. energy gels or bars)
- - Long sleeve shirt
- - Gloves
- - Emergency blanket
- - Waterproof outer shell
- - Hat, cap or bandana
- - Elastic bandage
- - Trekking Poles
- - Trail Running Shoes
Participants running with poles should carry them from start to finish; they cannot leave the poles at any intermediate point.
12. Disqualification and Time Penalties
The following actions lead to immediate disqualification from the race:
- - Not passing from any of the checkpoints
- - Not running the determined sector for him or herself.
- - Taking a shortcut or using a vehicle.
- - Getting support except for designated refreshment points.
- - Failing to help a participant in difficulty.
- - Throwing away rubbish or harming the natural habitat.
- - Rejecting to be checked by the medical personnel.
- - Not obeying the decisions given by the medical personnel or organization.
- - Not carrying the mandatory items, or rejecting their check by the organization.
The disqualified participant will not be allowed to continue the race.
For participants running with poles, leaving them at an intermediate point before the finish is subject to a 1-hour time penalty.
Partial results during and the official results after the race will be announced at cappadociaultratrail.com website.
Results will be ranked in the following categories:
- General Team Classification
There are no cash prizes. Each participant who completes the race within the time limit will be given a finisher medal.
Non-monetary prizes shall be awarded to the first 3 teams in the following categories:
- General Team Classification
The Awards Ceremony will be held on Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. at Urgup City Square.
15. Rights of Visual Material Use
The participants authorize the Organization and the sponsors to freely use any images and videos depicting them during the event.
16. Waiver of Responsibility
Voluntary registration and subsequent participation in Salomon Cappadocia Ultra-Trail® indicates full acceptance of the rules and any changes they may have to undergo. By registering, the participant exempts the organizers from any liability, whether civil or criminal, for damage to persons and/or property caused by or to him/her.